XaaS - so many solutions, what should SMEs consider?
XaaS redefines the way we outsource.
"Everything as a Service" explained.
The idea behind XaaS is that you can outsource any IT function, service or solution in your business and not have to worry about it—from a broader service like infrastructure as a service (IaaS) to Device as a Service (DaaS). You name it, and there's probably a service for it.
This makes life easier for small to medium businesses because they don't have to hire more employees or buy expensive software; they just pay for what they need when they need it.
With so many options available, it can be hard to know where to start and what to consider, so let's cover the basics...
What are the 5 main benefits of XaaS?
There are many great benefits; cut costs with a pay-as-you-go subscription model, scale infrastructure automatically, shift IT resources to higher priority initiatives, and relieve your internal IT staff of day-to-day responsibilities for innovation.
One of the greatest benefits of XaaS is that it gives businesses more control over their operations. When your company has access to a wide range of tools and applications from one provider, you don't have to worry about making sure each one works together properly—the provider takes care of that for you. You also won't waste time trying to find something that will work with the other tools your company already uses. And if you need any customisations done, a single vendor will handle them all at once instead of having multiple vendors working on different pieces separately.
- Making the CFO happy - spreading the cost of software, hardware and services over a period and known cost allows for innovation and budget allocation that's right for your business.
- Extend the skills capability of your team - reduce hiring costs and utilise Tech as a Service to get the latest and greatest technology.
- Trusted Finance provider - Use an MSP or service provider that works with a reputable finance house. Primenet has partnered with Siemens Financial Services Ltd. (SFS LTD) to give quick quotes and finance terms. Upon receipt of a Credit Acceptance, Primenet manages the entire process and your total solution. Simply subscribing to 'as a service' can reduce the need for capital equipment and fixed expenditures.
- Robust cyber security - SME's are the target of more than two-thirds (70%) of cyber assaults. (Stats. Feb 2022) Having a team of cyber experts in 'Cyber Security as a Service' can provide your business with the assurance it needs at a reduced cost with experienced Cyber experts.
- Agility - Having the opportunity to be agile is unquestionably one of the key advantages of XaaS models for businesses. Shifting IT resources to higher-value projects. Increasingly, IT companies are turning to a XaaS delivery model to streamline operations and free up resources for innovation.
Some examples of XaaS:
There are endless examples of Anything or Everything as a Service, but there are three main cloud computing categories.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Primenet's XaaS Solutions
Primenet provides options for XaaS models.
Contact us to discuss the As a Service solution that’s best for your business.
Pick your 'As a Service' solution, delivered by Primenet;
- Device as a Service (DaaS) - We help businesses reduce hardware replacement costs by providing them with the hardware (such as laptops, desktops, tablets, or mobile phones), bundled with a variety of services and software, in one offering. >> Find out more
- Backup as a Service (BaaS) - You can be sure that we address the latest and growing list of challenges to data protection, backup, recovery and archiving. >> Find out more
- Cyber Security as a Service (CSaaS) - Simplify the management and have a cost-effective approach to making your business fully secure. >> Find out more
- Tech as a Service (TaaS) - A way of delivering technology that's managed on your behalf by an expert provider. >> Find out more
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) - Delivers computer infrastructure with the flexibility to scale your IT assets up and down with demand. >> Find out more