They weren’t wrong..
Did you know that corporate mobile devices are 50% more likely to be phished than BOYD.
Did you also know 1 in 50 corporate mobiles are Phished daily! Yeah Daily!
With the covid-19 pandemic forcing us all to work form anywhere, doesn’t that raise alarm bells even to a small company of say 20 who are all forced to work from home? You could lose your whole business to a ransomware attack initiated from a malicious phishing link or download a sideloaded application setting up a man in the middle attack, all originating from an unprotected phone. I face palm at the thought, it could all be very different. Taking the issue of mobile device security one step further, you may like to offer Lookout mobile security to your employees in a managed but in a non-intrusive way. If so, Lookout for Business is the way to go.
- It is effectively GDPR complaint out of the box. It doesn’t collect any data from the user’s device, which is something an MDM does
- It’s the best and only solution that I am aware of that enables companies who allow personal mobiles usage on a corporate device anonymity but total protection (no one wants their boss to know what they do with their private phone, but your boss wants to sleep well knowing the company emails and data are not at risk)
- It can talk to any corporate MDM and allow automatic rules/action in case of a security bridge (for the ones who mix business and personal mobile usage). But can also sit in a standalone mode, fully managed centrally, protecting the device from every conceivable realtime threat for as little as £5.00 advice
- The free version is nice but as I mentioned, it is scaled down and doesn’t offer the full range of protection other than antivirus. In Lookout for Business you have the full suite of protection.
Including application, network, and device threats and with a proprietary dataset of over 170 million devices and 70 million analysed applications, you can deliver immediate detection and protection against both known and unknown threats. When you deploy Lookout for Small Business, you will protect your customers from:
- Trojans and spyware that can exfiltrate data from the device
- Vulnerabilities in app data transfer and storage
- Advanced root or jailbreak detection for Android and iOS devices
- Users with out-of-date operating systems
- Malicious WiFi networks that launch Man-in-the-middle attacks