Backup as a Service (BaaS)
Remote, online, or managed backup service.
Backup solutions should be a high priority for businesses to effectively protect their data from threats. Take our Backup as a Service as an essential insurance policy to ensure that data is easily retrieved in the event of a loss.
With our solutions, you can be sure that we address the latest and growing list of challenges to data protection, backup, recovery and archiving. Business Challenges include the growth of data continually rising and showing no signs of slowing to dealing with more complex environments (hybrid and multi-cloud).
Primenet help to make your business more secure, save you money, and improve your data management.
The full Case study is available HERE
Challenges: Primenet’s SME customer’s a highly secure and reliable backup environment for its G-Cloud Framework for Public Sector with all data residing in the United Kingdom.
Solution: ThinkOn backup solutions
- High-availability and high-security
- Backup solution backed by Veeam
- Clear monthly billing with no hidden costs
- Specialized knowledge and superior support
- Fast and easy customer onboarding.
With Primenet’s Backup as a Service, here are a few of the benefits in more detail:
- Improve data management and automated protection; No need to proactively save, label, or track information, it is done automatically. Backups are easily accessible if data is lost or deleted.
- Increase data security; With BaaS your data is stored and encrypted, which minimises the typical threats of hackers, natural disasters, and user error.
- Reduce costs; No need to payout for the hardware to perform backups. We take care of managing and troubleshooting backup systems - saving your in-house IT team to focus on other matters.
Want to know more?
Reach out to us at Primenet to learn more about our Backup as a Service solution. Not sure which solution is best for you? We can match an as-a-Service solution to you depending on your company’s needs. Contact us to discuss all options available to you.
The difference between Backup and Disaster Recovery.
Microsoft 365 Cloud Backup and Recovery - Delivered with our partner ThinkOn.
Manage fast, simple, and secure enterprise-grade backups for Microsoft 365 Exchange, SharePoint, and OneDrive with a single solution.
Full Control of Microsoft 365 Data | Bridge All Security Gaps | 30x Faster Performance | Fully Customisable | Choose from a range of unlimited consumption models with variable retention periods to suit backup requirements. Enquire today.
Veeam Backup & Replication
Quickly achieve fast, flexible, and reliable backup with archival and recovery capabilities for the most critical enterprise workloads. By adopting Veeam’s backup and replication platform from Primenet, you instantly have access to one of the most modern solutions on the market.
This enables you to free tied up resources with the vast overhead of legacy data protection and focus them on the core innovation projects you need. Intelligent automation within the solution discovers new workloads and applications to determine the best process for successful backup and verified recovery.
In the fast‑paced world of IT, administrators need to spend less time on non‑critical tasks and focus more on core business needs.
NEW Veeam® Backup for Microsoft 365 v6 has now added Self‑Service Restore Portal for Microsoft 365 environments, empowering IT administrators to securely delegate restores of emails, files and more from one, centralized location. V6 also includes backup copy to Amazon S3 Glacier, Glacier Deep Archive and Azure Archive, enhancing cloud object storage integrations, which already include AWS S3, Azure Blob, IBM Cloud, Wasabi and other S3‑compatible providers.
Ensure bulletproof ransomware protection | Reduce cost and complexity Meet your service level agreements (SLAs) with confidence. Enquire today.
What is Backup as a Service?
Backup as a Service (BaaS) provides secure cloud-based data repositories for your files, folders, or the entire contents of a hard drive. Regularly backed up by a vendor to a secure cloud-based network over a network connection.
What is the difference between Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Disaster Recovery (DR)?
There is a common misconception between Back up as a Service and Disaster Recovery. The two are not to be confused as they are very different. The difference is BaaS is a backup of your entire systems data (or selected data), whereas DR is a backup of all data and infrastructure.
How to decide whether I need Backup as a Service or Disaster Recovery?
Choose BaaS if:
- A few hours of downtime won’t cause much disruption to your business.
- Your IT department can restore your systems if a disaster occurs.
- Your onsite backups consist of a lot of data that rarely, if ever, change.
- Downtime can have a devastating impact on your business, as well as your customers.
- The cost of investing in Disaster recovery solutions is less than the losses that you would suffer in the event of downtime.
- Your data often changes, and having the latest version is vital to your operation.
- You want both fast restoration of mission-critical services and the security of having archival data fully backed up.
- You want your IT team to spend less time managing disaster recovery and more time working on business growth.
What are the two main distinctions between BaaS and DRaaS?
- Recovery time; While you have data recovery with BaaS, it could take a much longer time to get your infrastructure back up and running. Therefore, your Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) could take hours or even days. With a DRaaS solution, you can recover much quicker, with the RPO being seconds and RTO in minutes.
- Responsibility; BaaS only recovers data, not a continuity plan. Therefore, you would be responsible for the infrastructure side of things. Whereas DRaaS recovers both data and infrastructure.