How can we help you?
Dell EMC Data Domain DD4500
The Dell EMC DD 4500 Data Domain deduplication storage system makes a cost-effective alternative to tape by reducing the amount of storage necessary for protecting backup and archive data by an average of 10-30 times. This system provides performance and scalability to consolidate backup, archive, and disaster recovery in a single platform that is manageable from a single, central location.
|Solution For||Virtualization Databases Archiving Deduplication Backup and Recovery|
|Product Type||Deduplication System|
|Solution Size (Users)||More than 1,000 users|
|Logical Capacity (Standard)||2.8 PB|
|Logical Capacity (Redundant)||14.2 PB|
|Max Throughput||22 TB/hr|
|Total Storage Capacity||285.0 TB|
|Max Throughput (without DD Boost)||10.2 TB/hr|
|Cooling Requirements (Max)||2593.0 BTU/hr|
|Power Dissipation (Max)||760.0 W|
|Backup Applications||EMC Avamar EMC NetWorker Symantec NetBackup Symantec Backup Exec Symantec PureDisk IBM TSM HP Data Protector CommVault Arc Serv Oracle RMAN|
|Tape Libraries||Sun ADIC IBM HP|
|Database Platforms||Microsoft Exchange Server Oracle Microsoft SQL Server PostgreSQL|
- Synthesize with your Existing Storage: Use the DD 4500 in conjunction with your current infrastructure and system; it works with a wide range of applications
- Easy Management: With the web-based Data Domain System Manager, data and replication administration is easier than ever.
- Faster Backup and Reduced Downtime: Throughput of up to 22 TB per hour means completing more backups sooner – without relying solely on limited backup windows.
- Efficient, Space-Saving Replication: Save only deduplicated and compressed data, reducing required bandwidth, time, and cost compared to tapes.
Reliability and Dependability: Ensure your data is safe with continuous recovery verification, fault detection, and self-healing.
High throughput means faster backups for scheduled jobs and more backups completed in a smaller window. High-performance, inline deduplication manages demanding workloads, such as file servers, server virtualization, email, content management, and databases. The DD 4500 makes restore processes and access fast and reliable by retaining data on disk online – and onsite, for longer periods of time. Disaster recovery isn’t difficult or time consuming because data is stored on a disk that can be easily replicated across the network.
How we save you money.
Dell EMC Data Domain DD4500 maintenance
Like every business, you’re under constant pressure to get the best possible value out of your IT budget. You’re also keen to minimize your environmental impact. We support you in achieving your aims by:
- Cutting capital expenditure – It’s our job to extend the life of your servers and IT storage, delaying capital expenditure costs as long as possible while making sure your IT equipment is functioning perfectly, and performing without delays. Supplying parts as well as carrying out Dell EMC Data Domain DD4500 maintenance, we deliver critical support long after the manufacturer’s responsibility comes to an end.
- Reducing operating costs – According to our calculations, our Dell EMC Data Domain DD4500 storage maintenance saves our customers around 40% compared to the same service provided by manufacturers.
- Making environmental savings – It takes a huge amount of money to manufacture complex equipment, sometimes more than it uses during its entire lifetime. Extending its life, which is what our services can do, means you cut the impact by as much as a third. When you create virtual environments you cut the energy cost of running physical servers as well as the expense of new hardware, the power it consumes, the cooling it requires and the space it saves.
We protect business-critical systems – A choice of support to match your needs
- 24/7 support, 365 days a year.
- Four, eight and next business day support.
- Unique SLA support delivered to your exact specifications.
Supplying and installing Dell EMC Data Domain DD4500 hardware upgrades
We specify, provide, fit and configure hardware upgrades no matter how old your equipment is, even if it was originally installed as long as three decades ago.