NL-SAS drives have a SAS interface, but head, media, and rotational speed of traditional enterprise-class SATA drives, so they cost less than other SAS drives. This interconnect technology is capable of communicating at speeds of 6Gbps and is the technology of choice used in EMC storage systems. Increase your available storage with the EMC VX-VS07-020 2TB NL-SAS hard drive. When compared to SATA, NL-SAS drives have the following benefits:
- Dual ports allowing redundant paths
- Ability to connect a device to multiple computers
- Full SCSI command set
- No need for using Serial ATA Tunneling Protocol (STP), which makes it possible for SATA HDDs to be connected to a SAS HBA
- No need for SATA interposer cards, which are needed for pseudo–dual-port high availability of SATA HDDs
- Larger depth of command queues
|SPECIFICATIONS of 005049449|
|COMPATIBLE||005049450, 005049496, 005049497, 005050037, 005050290, 005050329, 005050330, 005050740, 005050140, 005049829, 005050554, 005050945, 005052061, 005052060, 118033027-04, HUS723020ALS640, 0B26343|
|FORM TYPE||3.5″ WITH TRAY|
|DISK SHELF COMPATIBILITY|
|PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY||VNX 2 Series|
EMC NL-SAS HDD with part numbers 005049449, VX-VS07-020, 005049277, 005049748, , is best suited for higher-capacity environments to help realize cost and capacity benefits. Sequential access applications have a tendency to maximize any caching advantages of the storage system, and take advantage of the higher density NL-SAS hard disk drives. In these applications, the speed at which the drive can transfer data from the platter has the greatest effect on overall performance. Thus, medium-to-large block and sequential I/O applications can reap the greatest benefits from the drive’s higher area-bit densities.
We protect business-critical systems – A choice of support to match your needs
- 24/7 support, 365 days a year.
- Four, eight and next business day support.
- Unique SLA support delivered to your exact specifications.
Supplying and installing Dell EMC 005049449 / VX-VS07-020 2TB NL-SAS
We specify, provide, fit and configure hardware upgrades no matter how old your equipment is, even if it was originally installed as long as three decades ag.